Monday, January 11, 2010

So how does Adeedodoo keep under 113lbs? 115lbs on a bad week.

Well, besides genetics (Juan V is a slender man) here is my secret:

Every Sunday I prepare lentils and an additional dish. My favorite one so far has been cooking lean turkey, smothered in taco bell seasoning (small packet seasoning you can get for about 99cents) with whole-wheat pasta. I call it Adedodoo’s Helper.

I pack my lunch the night before. I always include the following and I ALWAYS PACK MY LUNCH NO MATTER HOW FREAKIN TIRED I AM:

9:00am : Oatmeal with non-fat milk, 1 banana, and 1 packet of Splenda. RELIGIOUSLY!!!

All morning long COFFEE!!! 6 cups and 3 cups of hot tea J

My oatmeal I pack to-go since I don’t have time to eat in the morning. My car has so many milk stains it ain’t even funny.

10:30 am: Raisins and dried cranberries

12noon: Lentils (RELIGIOUSLY), Adedodoo’s Helper, and maybe a tostada or homemade salad with my mom’s veggie shake

2:00pm: A peach or more raisins and cranberries with chile! Try it before you knock it.

4:00pm: Handful of nuts or chopped up fruit

6:00pm: A fuji apple (they’re the BEST) and a string cheese. RELIGIOUSLY

7:30pm: Nothing. Maybe a small, super small plate of something (like a fist full)

8:30pm: CEREAL 110 calories or less with 5gm of sugar or less (RELIGIOUSLY)

Tons of water. I limited my water from 3 litters to 1.5 liters. I heard I could drown from so much water. Not only that but too much water severely depletes your sodium levels.

NO PACKAGED FOODS, NO CHIPS, NO COLAS, NO JUNK FOOD, NO COOKIES, NO NADA Monday-Friday. Get that? You have to stick to it. Saturday and Sundays are free days ONLY when you have reached a desired weight. If not, KEEP TO IT!

If I get tempted M-F I will only taste. Or if I can’t control my craving of hot cheetos I buy a small bag, eat a few and soak the rest with water. True story!

Exercise: T, W, F, S, Su is cardio. I strive for 6 miles. I do lots of crunches. Mondays and Thursdays are my days off.

SLEEP is really important!! People who typically get less than 8hrs of sleep are overweight! I turn everything off (even if I am not sleepy) by 9pm to wake up at 5am for my morning runs.

Now, C’mon bitches. You guys can do this. Focus on your goal. Focus on being healthy and not just winning the price. Positive self-talk is super useful during hard times.

Buy health magazines!  They are my motivators to continue going. Women over 40, buy Prevention Magazine.

Your weight loss guest correspondent,

-       Adeedodoo 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Thanks a bunch for the tips. I definitely see some things that I can do too!

    Oh, and wow, I didn't know you were so religious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post. thanks! im REALLY gonna try the soaking of the chips. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post, well structured diet. I hope my eating habits become as strict as my workout.

    ReplyDelete